[Zope] Viewing a version of a website?

Oliver Bleutgen Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net>
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:57:51 +0200

> Hi all

> If I am working on a version of a website, how do I view the website
> reflecting the current version I am working on and not the one visible to
> the public.  Due to some JavaScript that we use, I cannot view the site in
> the management interface and must open a seperate browser on which to view
> the site.

> Also, is there a way of auto-joining a version the moment I log in?  I
> want
> to avoid the possibility of editing the "live" website by accident if I
> forget to join a version.  An alternative would be to lock all the objects
> in a site to the current edit version, but I don't know how to do that -
> any
> suggestions?

IIRC, zope uses "resident" cookies for versions (i.e.
not tied to the session).
That way both of the above problems should be non existent,
because you always stay in the version when looking
at that site, be it in the mgm. interface or
on the website itself (you just can't use different
domain names, because cookies are tied to them)

You have to explicitly *leave* a version instead
of explicitly entering it.

I guess you should just try and see if it works
the way I described.

cheers,
oliver