[Zope] Odd Redirect Behaviour

Daniel Fairs daniel.fairs@spiderplant.net
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 22:05:16 +0100

<snip>

> [0.210000 - Closed by Client]
>
> (Does anybody now what "owser bug" above should mean?
> Is this a sign?)
>
> You see it gets the redirect (302) and this happens:
>
> ==> GET http://www.spiderplant.net:8080/anticlimax/index_html HTTP/1.0
>
> ==> Accept: image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, */*

> ==> Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate

> ==> Host: www.spiderplant.net
>
> ==> Proxy-Connection: Keep-Alive

Ah, I see - the redirect is happening correctly, but IE is not putting the
port number into the Host: header. All is clear. IE bug - should've guessed
:)

Actually, is it a bug, strictly speaking? Time to have a look throught the
rfc's...

> Now the Host: header contains the correct portnumber.
>
> As I see it, zope does the right thing...
> Perhaps you should use proxying instead of a redirect.

Thanks for the detective work, Oliver. Setting up proxying is a little OTT
for a personal web site, so I'll just stick to my current frames trick, I
think...

Thanks for your help,
Dan