[Zope] inserting file into external db

Andy Dustman andy@dustman.net
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 13:55:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 14 Jun 2001, Corbett Waddingham wrote:

> 1) I'm using ZMySQLDA 1.3.3. According to the link you provided, the
> latest version is 2.0.7. I'll check with the person who installed it to
> see why the older version was put in.

Another thing to check into it is: What version of MySQL are you using on
the client and server side?

> 2)The test files I'm using are all MS Word docs and they are being
> output as garbage (mostly \0 with various Unicode characters).

How is that different from a normal MS Word document? (at least
half-serious here...)

> 3) DOC_FILE is a Blob. I also tried Text, but that ends up storing the
> following: <ZPublisher.HTTPRequest.FileUpload instance at 88315e8> (or
> something like it, the reference number at the end changes).

You probably do want a blob, since it's (at least potentially) binary
data, but using a TEXT column should not produce what you saw. That's some
other problem with your DTML. <ZPublisher.HTTPRequest.FileUpload instance
at x> is the result of the repr() function in python, instead of str().
Also note that a normal MySQL BLOB will only hold 64KB. You may need to
use MEDIUMBLOB (up to 16 MB) for something as large as a MS Word
document...

--
Andy Dustman         PGP: 0xC72F3F1D
    @       .net     http://dustman.net/andy