[Zope] freaky files

Andy Dustman andy@dustman.net
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 14:38:05 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 13 Jun 2001, seb bacon wrote:

> Check out this traceback.  I don't even have a /var/tmp/python-root
> directory on my machine!  What's going on?  How can I make my code use
> my python2.1 version of mimetools?

Obviously you have Python installed from an RPM. The RPM build does it's
business in a fake root (/var/tmp/python-root), and so this is the
filename that goes into the compiled product (MailMessage.pyc, in this
case).

>   File /var/Zope-2.3.2-src/lib/python/Products/JamkitTypes/MailMessage.py, line 232, in _unpack_part
>     (Object: DynamicType)
>   File /var/tmp/python-root/usr/lib/python1.5/mimetools.py, line 146, in decode
> ValueError: (see above)

My guess is your Zope was not started (or compiled) using Python 2.1, but
rather 1.5.x (x probably == 2). To solve this, rebuild Zope using the
correct version of Python. i.e. python2.1 wo_cgi.py or whatever.

--
Andy Dustman         PGP: 0xC72F3F1D
    @       .net     http://dustman.net/andy