CT: Stumped was RE: [Zope] Asynchronous dtml?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 18:24:20 +0200 (CEST)

Paz writes:
 > i've seen in my logs that an opening
 > request that is bumped by a second coming in before its finsihed can take
 > out zope and give 200 - ' ' (as in 200 http with no data) for a few hours
 > and then 503 eventually when zope realizes.
That should not happen.

   Older versions of ZServer had a bug with simultaneous POST
   requests. Maybe, upgrading lets you problem go away.

 > Can you tell me any tests that I can use to check into this? Its really a
 > general reliability problem. The site doesnt get outrageous response, but it
 > in the 100s per day.
Difficult crashs are difficult to analyse. But:

  Chris McDonnough (chrisM. Sorry, if I mispelled the name)
  usually suggests to use the "-M" switch (of "z2.py". See
  the source documentation for it).
  This tells Zope to write extensive logs about its request
  handling.
  Chris has a tool to analyse the log and find the requests
  that were active when Zope crashed.
  Digging around these requests may give you valuable glue
  about the potential causes of the crash.

  You find the tool via Chris' member area at "zope.org"
  or via a search through the searchable mailing list archives.

Dieter