[Zope] How to make a script return rendered dtml

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 22:45:36 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Tim,

Tim Hicks writes:
 > Based on the
 > presence of a query string, I want to either return the document_src
 > (although with a few modifications), or simply return the rendered
 > instance
 > if context.REQUEST.QUERY_STRING == 'editor':
 >     print context.raw
 > else:
 >     print context
 >
 > return printed
 > ------------
 >
 > The 'else' statement simply gives me things like,
 >
 > <dtml-var standard_html_header>
... an FAQ. I answered similar questions at least 20 times....

   Rendering a DTML object means calling it.
   If the DTML object needs access to other Zope objects,
   you must pass the namespace or a client in.
   Client and namespace are the first two positional
   arguments of the "__call__" method.

More information:

  URL:http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html

Dieter