DTML Highlighting Editors (WAS: Re: [Zope] dtml vs vim)

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:20:54 -0400

[Tommy Johnson]

> > I usually use Edit+ at
> >
> > http://www.editplus.com
> >

> I'll have to check that one out. I don't have the ability to FTP within
> ColdFusion studio, and it's a pain to switch to WS_FTP everytime I want to
> update an object in the database.

Although I recommended Edit+, I'm able to FTP from CF Studio 3.0 to Zope -
you ought to be able to do it too.  But Studio gets confused by dtml markup
(at least my old version does).  Also Studio takes HUGE amounts of Windows
resources (not memory but "resources"), much more than Edit+.  On
Windows95/98/Me that can be really serious because you don't always get them
back and you don't have a large reserve to begin with.

Cheers,

Tom P