[Zope] newbie: superuser login authorization failed

Rene Pijlman rpijlman@wanadoo.nl
Sun, 17 Jun 2001 18:37:24 +0200

>> the zpasswd.py file mentions three different encoding options
>> - SHA, UNIX and CLEARTEXT - the question is what is the browser using?
>admin:abc123
>
>Ie the password is being sent in the clear.

If I understand it correctly, the encoding option only applies to the access
file. Authentication 'on the wire' uses HTTP Basic Authentication, so the
password is allways sent in plain text.

>There's no special script supplied with the source distribution that goes
>into the /etc/init.d area

Well, it's allways possible to use the script from the RPM of course. It's
amazing to see the trouble it goes through just to start and stop the server
:-)

Regards,
Rene Pijlman