[Zope] Open Box in products (EventFolder)

Eric Walstad eric@walstads.net
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 10:20:09 -0700

Hi Jason,
A quote from the Zope Book:

"Each blue box represents an installed Product. From this screen, you can
manage these Products. Some
Products are built into Zope by default or have been installed by you or
your administrator. These products
have a closed box icon, as shown in Figure 12-1. Closed-box products cannot
be managed through the web.
You can get information about these products by clicking on them, but you
cannot change them.

You can also create your own Products that you can manage through the web.
Your products let you create
new kinds of objects in Zope. These through the web managable product have
open-box icons."

So, your EventsFolder product can be tweaked thru the web.  You can read
about this in Chapter 12 of the Zope Book.  If you want to see a closed box,
you need to re-write the EventsFolder product in good-ol-Python.  Check out
Chapter 3 of the new Zope Developer's Guide for an explanation of writing
Zope Products in Python.

Hope that helps.

Eric.