[Zope] ZSearch interface customization

Casey Duncan cduncan@kaivo.com
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:23:03 -0600

Mariusz B=B3o=F1ski wrote:
>=20
> How can I customize appearance of new ZSearch interface pages.
> I want to change defaults for all generated ZSearch interfaces.
>=20
> Mariusz

Take a look at the following two files:

ZopeDir/lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/Search.py (The code that generates the
form is at the end).
ZopeDir/lib/python/Shared/DC/ZRDB/dtml/customDefaultReport.dtml

There is also some code concerning this in Aqueduct.py in the ZRDB
directory.

My personal suggestion would be to just lift this code into your own
product and customize it instead of modifying the existing code in
place. It will save you upgrade headaches later on. Or, create a hotfix
to dynamically modify the built-in stuff.

hth,
--=20