[Zope] Zope stops with OpenBSD

Peter Breuer pbreuer@uni-goettingen.de
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 16:30:53 +0100

>We run Zope with OpenBSD and it stops
>periodically without doing anything unusual ...
>e.g. by editing a DTML method ..
>
>has anybody the same problem and/or a solution?
>
>Wolfgang

We are running Zope 2.2.2 under OpenBSD 2.7 interactive
with Extensions programmed in Python and a lot more ...
One thing we are doing here is running an interactive online
congress-abstracts tool
where a lot of people have to submit their papers and images using
the zope user interface
Congress members were asked to submit their papers in plain text or simple HTML
without any <head><body> etc. tags because we construct the abstracts
site on the fly.
Nearly all of them submitted exported HTML (including MS-Word HTML Export).
We work quite a bit to remove all the garbage and get the site clean.
I tell this cause Zope and the Browsers receiving our 'chaotic' HTML
do heavy duty.

We NEVER ever experienced any problems running the Zope/OpenBSD combination.

More details of your installation would give the chance to help.

Peter

Peter Breuer, http://www.psych.uni-goettingen.de/home/breuer
Georg-Elias-Mueller-Inst. f. Psychologie, Gosslerstr. 14, 37073
Goettingen, Germany
Tel: (+49)551-39-3588,  Fax: (+49)551-39-3662