[Zope] ZCatalog problems

Jan Lentfer Jan@MountainbikeHQ.de
Wed, 20 Jun 2001 22:57:06 +0200

Hi,

I am having problems with getting back data from ZCatalog.

I create instances of the ZClass "racedate". racedate has a property called
"date_sort" which is the date that the race will take place in the format
"yyyymmdd".
In a dtml-document I read the objects with

<dtml-with "admin.racedates">
         <dtml-in "Catalog(sort_on='date_sort)">
               <dtml-var date_sort>
[...]

Everything works fine until two or more objects have the same value in
date_sort (eg. 20010528). Then it miserably fails. Only part of the objects
or even none are displayed. I tried back and forth and it really seems to
be the sort_on='date_sort'. If I do sort_on='id', all objects are displayed
and <dtml-var date_sort> shows the right values.
So the problem really seems to be the sorting on an index when 2 or more
objects have the same value for that property.
Is that a bug or a feature?

Jan

PS: Using Zope 2.3.2 src, Phyton 1.5.2, SuSE 7.1

Jan@Mountainbikehq.de
http://www.MountainbikeHQ.de - Your home for DH, DS and CC Mountainbiking