[Zope] multiple selection with methods

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 21:24:14 +0200 (CEST)

Dominique Jouniot writes:
 > Itseems really difficult to have some informations about multiple
 > selection (i send a message and see an other one without response).
I fear the problem is less related to multiple selections.
I have great difficulties to understand your problem.

   Apparently, you want to have a "multiple selection" property
   in a ZClass.
   Such properties need as value (during construction) the name
   of an object that returns the list of possible values.
   You do not want this object live in the ZClass.

I that a correct description of what you want?

It would be difficult to achieve, because if the object
is not accessible in the ZClass, you can not define
default values for the property in the ZClass itself.

You may try the following:

  You use the name of a ZClass method as object that
  returns the list.

  This method must try to locate your attribute and return
  its value. If not possible, it returns some sensible
  default value.

Dieter