[Zope] No redirect on folder manage_editProperties

Maik Röder maikroeder@hotmail.com
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 14:17:28 +0200

Hi Ken

>Ken Dobruskin wrote:
>
>My fellow Zopistas,
>  I did something 'quick and dirty' with Zope. Wishing to use my
>client's existing members database, and not succeeding at adding
>Zclass instances programatically, I just took their big table of
>data, massaged it into XML and uploaded it with XML2Zope. Pasting a
>dtml doc, 'content_html' into each folder (to display the
>properties) and renaming the folders were mindless chores; I added a
>ZCatalog, and presto! my first Zope web site.
>  Now for my punishment...  Actually, all I want to do is allow the members
>to update their folder properties, but without redirecting to the ZMI. Yet,
>unlike with Zclasses, the standard folder manage_editProperties method
>doesn't seem like a good 'customisation target'.
>  How should this be done?

Well, Ken, it seems like you'll have to write your own manageEditProperties
method for each XML tag/Folder type,
which should be reasonably easy to do. Actually, you could extend XML2Zope
to also output some default manageEditProperties methods automatically -
mmmhh sounds nice :-)

Best regards,

Maik Roeder