[Zope] can't log in using user/manager account

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 09:12:35 -0500

Hi Kurt,

Kurt Yoder wrote:

> steve wrote:
> >
> > Hi Kurt,
> >
> >         It would be worth it to try on the 8080 interface directly to see if
> > apache is the problem. You did click 'manager' in the roles select box
> > when you created your user.. right?
> >
> > -steve
>
> The connection is refused to port 8080, so I can't try that. Yes, I did
> give the user "manager" role, also "user" role

Hmm... that's odd. I run many 'Zopes' on FreeBSD and never see this
problem. Did you customize the 'start' script? Did you try 'start -D' to
see what ports ZServer is listening on? And.. 'user' strikes me as odd..
there should be only 'Manager' and 'Owner' when you first install Zope.

-steve