[Zope] A tale of two systems....

Michael Sullivan johnnygaruda@yahoo.com
Sat, 23 Jun 2001 19:42:39 -0700 (PDT)

Is there an up-to-date, cogent, step by step
information on hooking
up a MySQL database to Zope in Windows?

The documentation I have seen is Linux-centric in a
rather dogmatic
fashion.  While I use and love Linux at home, at work
i must use
Windows.  We are currently testing several possible
application
tools - ColdFusion, PHP4 and hopefully Zope.
ColdFusion and PHP4 are
up and running but even after screwing around for a
whole day I can't
access a MySQL database with Zope.  It's quite
frustrating as the
Zope "concept" is quite attractive.  However, it is
quite arcane
install-wise on the Windows platform and very poorly
documented in
comparison to the other products when it comes to
database setup.

By contrast, I got MySQL on Zope up and running on my
Debian Gnu Linux machine at home with one apt-get
command, walked away for a few minutes and there it
was, ready to use...

Now, is this a comment on Windows vs Linux or on the
quality of installation / implementation on the
Windows side of Zope?