[Zope] still bad perception of Zope about security

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 09:37:26 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

I've just asked to an ISP of a website I maintain if he planned to provide
Zope hosting in a near future.

The answer was basically:

... Maybe but not yet, because there are still important security problems
with Zope, according to securityfocus ... We can do that on dedicated
servers but not on shared ones...

So I've told him that no exploit was known, according to this mailing list
and the recent thread on this subject, and that it was probably because DC
takes security with care and often announce security problems as big
threats even if there's a very small chance for them to be exploited.

However I'm sure he will not be convinced by such a short reply.

So I think something has to be done to restore Zope confidence around
ISPs, but unfortunately I don't know what.

bye,

Jerome Alet