[Zope] WinMe / Win2k / RedHat / data.fs

Mon, 25 Jun 2001 11:21 -0700

Henny(s),

This weekend I successfully re-partitioned my hd and got redhat 7.1 running, got the network running, got apache running.

Next break I get, I'll get zope running. Then the big plan is to get my wiki moved to linux/zope, AND port my asp/sqlserver apps to PHP/postgresql. Then maybe I'll make another linux partition out of dev/hda1 where winMe lives. I'll get another box for win2k and my legacy asp--someday.

My data.fs is actually about 300meg: 1/3 of a gig.

Yes, zope was running on the win2k box before I copied the winMe data.fs. Then nostart. No error either, as I remember, just hung.

No, haven't tried the export/import. I'll have to look into that. Won't work for me if source and target have to be running at the same time, cause now I am wanting to go from winme to linux on dual boot--same machine.

I have used the FS product to write folders and items to the filesystem, then FTP those to another zope. That works, I'll have to recreate all the ownership, but that's doable.

Throwing off the chains,
Richard