[Zope] zope and non-undoable db

Jason Byron jason_zope@yahoo.com
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 08:34:10 -0700 (PDT)

We see some products that use the file system, or ram instead of
the object database because of the problems they have with
multiple entries on highly active objects.  Specifically the
fact that it keeps appending changes to allow for undos.

I've heard of being able to setup the database to be
non-undoable.  I think this is a key part to zeo setups.

Is it possible to have zope come standard with two databases,
one undoable one not, or perhaps to include code in the the
current db that can flag data as 'highly active' and not provide
the undo feature for that particular object or folder?

Or, is this something that has always been available and I
simply haven't known about it?