[Zope] A Tale from IBM land...

Phil Harris phil.harris@zope.co.uk
Wed, 27 Jun 2001 09:28:23 +0100

Sedat,

I have done something similar in the recent past, using XML-RPC to call a
Zope method directly.  This may be a better option.

hth

Phil
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sedat Yilmazer" <sedat@kibele.com>
To: <zope@zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, June 27, 2001 9:18 AM
Subject: RE: Re: [Zope] A Tale from IBM land...

>  Hi
>
>  I am working on a word/excel macro to post the document to the Zope
server. In this way the users can use Save On Zope menu option to post their
docs to the Zope server. Macro will also collect the neccessary metadata as
well and use the http protocol to post the data to the zope server.

>  To have an easy-to-install macro I need a httpd client activeX with file
upload capability. I am looking at the xmlhttp from M$ Now I have a version
that posts the file and the metadata in XML format to the server.

>  I need some help on the server side. the XML doc. sent to the server must
be somehow converted back to metadata and file. xmlhttp encodes the data
into the xml doc. so it must be decoded as well.

>  My Q's
> 1-) Can I just create a XMLDocument and get the file data
> 2-) Is there a simple way to simulate a post with the collected data so
that the server interface remains the same

> 3-) as an alternative Is there way to send the file and the metadata via
WebDav and/or FTP