[Zope] Re: WebDrive?

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 18:24:04 +0100

"Magnus Heino (Rivermen)" wrote:

> I long time ago, on one of the Zope mailinglists, I remember that you said
> that you were using WebDrive instead of webDAV or FTP together with
> Dreamweaver. Am I righ? :-P

Only sometimes ;-)

> If so, how did you get it to work? If I use webdrive and edit and existing
> ZPT file with it and save, what happens is that the ZPT file is removed on
> the server, and a new file is written with the type File.

This is a problem with your editor. When it's saving it's doing so by:

1. creating a new temporary file (gets created as a file object :-S)
2. deleting the old file (your ZPT)
3. renaming the temporary file.

You need to find a way to persuade your editor not to do this ;-)

> If I use FTP from within Dreamweaver, it works fine.

Weird...

> But I like the thing
> with WebDrive that you can turn off all caches. If I edit something with the
> Zope web interface instead of using DW, it seems as if DW doesn't notice
> that the file is changed.

...doesn't suprise me :-S

cheers,

Chris