[Zope] Perl daemon to restart hung Zope on RedHat

Dunigan, Craig craig.dunigan@esker.com
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 13:14:59 -0500

A while back there were many comments on the list about Zope hangs, and how
to handle them.  If anyone is interested, I wrote a Perl script that checks
for a response from Zope on localhost and restarts it if there is no
response.  It uses the init script from
http://www.zope.org/Members/markoer2/resources/howtos/redhat_startup, and a
few Perl modules from CPAN.  It runs as a daemon so that it can started once
and ignored.  I haven't done it, but you could probably write an init shell
script for it, too.  The only thing it lacks right now is writing into
syslog for it's messages, but I expect I'll work that out in a day or so.
Let me know if you want it, and I'll post it.

Craig Dunigan
Web Programmer
Esker Software - Extending the Reach of Information
mailto:craig.dunigan@esker.com
Ph. 608.273.6000
Fax 608.273.8227
http://www.esker.com