[Zope] Suddenly I cannot add new objects

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 29 Jun 2001 22:50:07 +0200 (CEST)

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Max=5FM=F8ller=5FRasmussen?= writes:
 > I have a zClass 'maal' with the following properties:
 >
 > title       string
 > language    "dk uk"  selection
 > format      string
 > description text
 >
 > The system has been running for a while now, and it has worked nicely.
 > Probably I have made some changes that has subtely destroyed something, or
 > it is some kind of problem with Catalog.
 >
 > I can still read all the 'maal' objects that I have added earlier, but I
 > cannot add new ones.
 >
 > When I try to add it to another objecManager zClass I have made I get the
 > following traceback:
 >
 >     (Object: PrincipiaSearchSource)
 >
 >   File
 > /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.1-linux2-x86/lib/python/DocumentTemplate/DT_Return.
 > py, line 104, in render
 >
 >     (Object: description)
 >
 > KeyError: (see above)
When you configure a ZCatalog index, you can use the name
of a parameterless method. This method is then called during
indexing to obtain the base value used to index.

The method must not be a DTML method!
The indexing process calls the method without parameters
and DTML methods lose all their context in this case.

Apparently, you use a DTML method in this way.
It can no longer access "description", as it lost all
context information.

Dieter