Building Dynamic WebSites ... was [Zope] WebDrive vs Zope?

Wolfgang Strobl ws@gmd.de
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 10:20:02 +0100

On 1 Mar 2001, 1:01  Joachim Werner wrote:

> Wolfgang Strobl wrote:
>
> > While reading chapter 3 of  Dieter Maurers "Building Dynamic
> > WebSites with Zope" (a fine piece of work, btw!)
>
> Where can I get Dieter Maurer's book? I am eager to get it ...

he annouces te availabilty of a pre alpha version of chapter 3.

Appearently, chapter 1 and 2 are publically available, too.

Chap3 is interesting because it addresses exactly those details
and questions which are neither sufficiently covered (and often not
even mentioned) in the official documentation, and because it stays
away from giving howto-style recipes, but concentrates on
discussing and explaining the architecture in technical terms,
without escaping into nebulous language.  IMHO, it needs some
further work, and might suffers from some guesswork about design
decisions in Zope (which are, alas, necessary), but even in its
current state it might shorten the learning period significantly, for
anybody intending to do some programming work in Zope.

-- ws