[Zope] How do you track if somebody leaves your site..?

Paul Zwarts paul.zwarts@oratrix.com
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 16:39:53 +0100

Interesting....

But arent there many of these stat sites that have the little icon in the
bottom? I've seen average view times per page and such. Perhaps that little icon
itself is what does it, since it activate cgi?

Would it not also be possible to run an external method that captures a netstat
command? An IP connection will establish channel and either be on a time-wait or
closed and disappear. It would tax the server, but not create too much net
congestion with these reloading gifs as Hannu pointed out...

Is that possible?

Paz