[Zope] cashing formular field values

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 19:18:36 +0100

Hi Andrei,

Andrei Belitski wrote:

> Hello!
> I dynamically create more form fields by calling a dtml method and then
> returning (refreshing the formular document which displays more fields)
> By doing it the previously introduced values of the fields disappear,
> cause I create a new form page
> Is there a possibility (may be a HTTP feature) to restore the values not
> declaring and saving each value in a separate variable?
> Thank you in advance
> Andrei

If I do understand correctly, you have a form,
where the user can input some values. Then on submit
you process the values and return a new form with
other input elements I assume.

To transport your values from page to page, you can use
hidden form elements or use one of the session-products.
The first method is more convenient for the user if there
are not too many elements.

Regards
Tino