[Zope] *not newbie* How do you interact with your RDMS?

Andrew Williams ajwms91@hotmail.com
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 17:37:19 -0500

All:

If this question is off topic, my apologies:

Like many other Zope developers out there, I utilize an RDMS to store
frequently changing data, instead of the Zope DB.

My question is, how does everyone else interact with their RDMS's?  I'm sure
that most people (including myself) use the de-facto DTML and SQL Methods
for rendering/storing data.

Has anyone used pythonscripts, products, ZClasses, etc for RDMS interaction?

If so, what do you feel the advantage is?

Why did you make the decision not to use DTML/SQL Methods?

Did you realize a time savings and/or speed increase?

Greater flexibility?

Any other advantages/disadvantages of using your method?

I realize that it is difficult to make a generalization, so lets make the
assumption that we are talking about reasonably large/complex frequently
changing data structures being stored in the RDMS.

I ask this, so I can satisfy some curiosity, gauge what other Zope
developers are doing, and to decide whether I should look at moving away
from DTML and use python for a web site I am designing.

Thanks for any info...

Andrew Williams