[Zope] Newbie - security

Farrell, Troy troy.farrell@wilcom.com
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 11:42:07 -0600

First, on the Security tab of the folder to protect, remove the 'Acquire
Permission Settings?' checkbox on any permissions you don't want the folder
to get from it's parent.  Generally, the root object allows anonymous access
to the 'Access Contents Information' and 'View' permissions.  If those were
the only ones you needed to adjust, only unselect those checkboxes.  If you
want no acquision, you would uncheck all the 'Acquire Permission Settings?'
boxes and set only the permissions you desire.

Troy

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Fielden [mailto:andrew.fielden@emotion.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, March 02, 2001 11:27 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Newbie - security

All

I suspect that I am about to bombard the list with loads of very simple
questions so here goes the first.

I am unsure as to how to protect a sub directory - I wish to have an area
that can only be accessed by users in the list for that directory as a role
for that directory and by managers. Please advise.

Andrew Fielden