[ZOPE] Newbie question with POPMail

Adrian Madrid aem@byu.edu
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 10:40:02 -0800 (PST)

> Well, here are some things that it could support but
> does not:
>
> 1) support for MIME-encoded messages, possibly
> attachments
> 2) better support for HTML-encoded messages
> 3) associating several POP accounts with a single
> acl_user
> 4) allowing (configurably) users to create objects
> without management
> access
> 5) better UI (as you mentioned) with more features

I can help there!

> 6) address book
> 7) support for replying, CC'ing, BCC'ing, etc.

> I originally developed this as a proof-of-concept,
> but it worked well
> enough that I improved on it some.  I should
> probably revisit it again
> if I have time, but if anyone else wants to make
> contributions, please
> do so!  That's what's so great about open-source...
>
>   - David

I'd love to help with the UI but unfortunately can't
help much on the rest. I am getting somewhat
acquainted with ZClasses but I don't have a clue about
POP3, MIME and all that. Nevertheless, I think this is
a great product that could help a lot to Zope on
taking the world! ;-)

I will download the product and see what I can do with
the UI. Let you know later.

=====
Adrian Esteban Madrid
Benson Institute, Webmaster