[Zope] Zope on FreeBsd

Patrick patrick@eahd.or.ug
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 09:18:00 +0300 (EAT)

Hi,
 I am a zope newbie and have just managed to get zope server running on
port 8080 on FreeBsd. I read the zope book and it helped alot only that I
still do not know how to:

1- Do virtual hosting- (name based virtual hosting)

2- I have not been able to get pcgi running properly with apache which is
   my default webserver especially as Bsd does not seem to pass
   authentication via the <location> directive. I have tried using the
   <directory> directive with the directory containing my Zope.cgi as the
   script aliased directory and what happens is that I get authenticated
   by apache but after that, I get an HTTP 404 error response.

Can someone help me out here or point me to any Howto's that are Bsd
oriented?
Thanx in advance.

And, I think that Zope is a great product, especially as it is so powerful
and yet avalable as open source.

Patrick.