[Zope] FrontPage Extensions incompatible with Zope?

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Tue, 06 Mar 2001 00:05:42 -0000

--On 05 March 2001 12:35 -0600 Fred Yankowski <fred@ontosys.com> wrote:

> I run a simple Zope-based web site for my local community, and I'm
> having trouble supporting authors who want to use FrontPage.  Is there
> any good way to use FrontPage with Zope?

If only - FrontPage is "free" for us (as a result of a campus deal) but
I've tried FrontPage 2000 on NT4 against Zope and find it broken in
many ways - WebFolders don't work as you'd hope, ftp locations don't
work (if you want to use any other port than 21).

The most success I've had is when using WebDrive (from
http://www.riverfrontsoftware.com/) in the middle against
the WEBDAV_SOURCE_PORT in Zope 2.3.0. Then Open and Save
As seem to work OK and tags like <dtml-var standard_html_header>
just pass back and forth (FP2000 ignores them).

(Or, rather as you did, use Samba to mount a Unix directory and
then LocalFS to point at that.)

But we can't consider equipping everyone with WebDrive - so
I hope someone can offer a better workaround.

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
     E-mail: paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/