[Zope] From POST to GET

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Tue, 06 Mar 2001 16:58:40 +0100

Hi Peter,

Peter Bengtsson wrote:

> You are missing the point I'm afraid.
> I'm processing POSTed variables and all of a sudden I decide that I want to
> GET somewhere else using a RESPONSE.redirect(sompage?cgi=querystring)
> statement.
> Do the RESPONSE.redirect whilst processing the POST data causes the
> RESPONSE.redirect to act a POST. This is clear if I look at the Z2.log which
> shows something like this:
>  "POST /somepage?cgi=querystring HTTP/1.1"
>
> If I skip that redirect thing and replace it with a ugly hyperlink the
> request is stored in the log lik this:
>  "GET /somepage?cgi=querystring HTTP/1.1"
>
> See the difference and the problem?
> I want my RESPONSE.redirect to act like a GET request like a hyperlink does.

There should be no problem wether it is actually a POST or a GET
request.
The redirected page should be addressed by the useragent with GET.
However,
Zope at least parses both the arguments in the query-string and the ones
in the entidy-body, as it is with POST requests.

Please note, redirects have to include the fully hostname. E.g.
http://somesite/somepage

Regards
Tino