[Zope] logging on to Zope First Time

kentj kentj@tadboise.com
Tue, 06 Mar 2001 09:42:16 -0700

Platform : Suse 7.1 with zope that comes with the distribution.
I created a link between /usr/share/zope/utilities/zpasswd.py and
/var/lib/zope
and while in /var/lib/zope  I ran "python  zpasswd.py access"
defining
Username: root
Password:
Verify password:
Encoding: CLEARTEXT
Domain restrictions: domain

With NetScape 4.75 on window98 machine or NetScape 4.76 as root on Linux
Machine I Enter
http://tad106:8080/manage as the URL

A Display comes up with title "UserName and Password Required
                              "Enter username for Zope at tad106:8080"

I enter the username and password that I defined with zpasswd.py and
activated the OK button
on the screen.

A small screen comes up with Authorization failed. Retry?
 If I hit OK then the Authorization failed screen reappears.

If I hit cancel then

                Zope Error
                Zope has encountered an error while publishing this
resource.
                Unauthorized
                You are not authorized to access this resource.

                Troubleshooting Suggestions
                     The URL may be incorrect.
                     The parameters passed to this resource may be
incorrect.
                     A resource that this resource relies on may be
encountering an error.

                For more detailed information about the error, please
refer to the HTML source for this page.
                If the error persists please contact the site
maintainer. Thank you for your patience.

What have I done wrong?