[Zope] MP3 management via Zope ?

Isaac Reuben isaac@deepend.com
Tue, 06 Mar 2001 12:30:42 -0800

> If you know deeper details
> of the header formats of mp3-files, please let me know.

ID3v2 tags are a serious pain to deal with.  v1 tags are really simple
though.  I haven't found a reliable open source way to decode *any* ID3 tag
(v1 and all the v2 variants), but hopefully there is one out there
somewhere.

Should also check out the relatable/musicbrainz tech:

http://www.relatable.com/tech/trm.html

It actually analyses the *audio* and fingerprints it, so it handles any
audio files from any source.  The have a voting system for naming the
artists and tracks and such, and it looks a bit more accurate than CDDB.  I
tried out the example C++ code, and it seemed to work (identified some
untagged Bjork mp3s).  Just needs a Python wrapper.

- Isaac  =)

--
It tastes like burning! - Ralph Wiggum