[Zope] Structed Text weirdness

Joel Burton jburton@scw.org
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 11:04:38 -0500 (EST)

I've been teaching users to use Structured Text for their messages, but
I've come across a few small annoyances:

 . Some items (like links) don't render if there isn't some text after
them. If the very last part of an STX document is a link, it gets rendered
as plain text. Added \n after will fix this.

 . Items that have 2 linefeeds after them are rendered as a heading, even
if they are not intended to be. eg """

this is text

"""

comes out as a heading

. you can't nest things in sensible ways:
  "**Visit my "site":http://www.site.org.**

  is in bold, but loses the link, whereas

  "**Visit my "site":http://www.site.org. **
  isn't in bold (asterisks appear)

I know STX is supposed to be a simple format, and I'm not advocated for
complicating/changing the rules--but I find the behavior inconsistent
w/expectations about how things should happen.

Are there patches that fix these issues (I haven't seen any)? Are there
workarounds? Is there a document ("advanced Structured Text") that I could
point users to that would suggest workarounds for these problems.

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>