[Zope] Make a Zope object single threaded

Tim Lakey tim@carbonwave.com
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 10:50:53 -0800

I am using Com Object to pull in an ActiveX control for Windows Media
Encoder.  I am experiencing some strange behaviours and crashes, which I
believe has to do with Zope's threading model conflicting in subtle ways
with Com's.  So, I am thinking, that if I turn off the threading on this one
object in Zope, it might solve my problem.  I don't really want more than
one access to the Com object happening at a time anyway, so turning the
threading off shouldn't cause a loss of desireable functionality in that
sense.  Unless it causes problems within Zope.

I remember there being a package that can be pulled into the product to do
this, but I can't find it now.

Do you have any advice?

Thanks,
Tim