[Zope] Zope on Windows ME (Was: Feedback)

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 20:10:09 +0100

> > On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 06:25:59PM -0500, tarquine@bigfoot.com wrote:
> > > So now down to why I am writing!  I have downloaded the Windows version
> > > of your software which I have attempted to install on to a system with
> > > Windows Me.  The software was installed on to the C: drive, with a site
> > > name of MyWorld.  On running Start.exe the Dos box is displayed along
> > > with the path:
> > >
> > > C:\Program Files\MyWorld>"C;\Program Files\MyWorld\bin\python.exe" "C:\Program Files\MyWorld\z2.py" -D.
> > >
> > > The program stops a few minutes later with no further information being
> > > displayed.
> > >
> > > My question is, is it possible to run Zope in the Windows Me
> > > environment?  If so how do I achieve this?  I have looked in the FAQs
> > > and have been using the Windows 95 installation instructions.
> >
> > This sounds like normal operation to me. The Zope server, as normally
> > installed, will send logging output to the console by default. This
> > includes messages about what services it has started, like the HTTP and
> > FTP services.
> >
> > After the messages 'stop', you can point your browser at the HTTP service
> > (usually http://localhost:8080/) and start using Zope. All further Zope
> > operations use the web interface. You may get more logging information in
> > the console then.
>
> I have attempted to do all that you have suggested but to no avail.  After
> getting "C:\Program Files\MyWorld>"C;\Program Files\MyWorld\bin\python.exe"
> "C:\Program Files\MyWorld\z2.py" -D."within the DOS window.  I have pointed
> my browser - IE 5.5 - towards Zope by entering the paths you suggested but
> still no luck.  I get asked to go online, which I accept, then all that is
> displayed is a not found error page.

Hi Tarquine,

I think it is time we take this to the Zope mailinglist, I included the
address distribution of this email. Generally, Zope questions are best
asked there, as there are far more knowledgeable people on the lists then
there are webmasters at Zope.org.

Without knowing what Zope prints to the console window, I can't tell you
what is going wrong here. I think we also need to know what addresses you
try.

--
Martijn Pieters