[Zope] Add a Document from an existing File

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 7 Mar 2001 23:03:15 +0100 (CET)

Steffen Bergmann writes:
 > Does anybody know how to add an DTML Document with uploading the
 > contents from a local File on the filesystem. I need to do this in
 > DTML Code (or Python?) and not in the managementscreen.
What do you mean with "local"?
Browser local or server local?

If you mean "browser local", then you want the same functionality
as provided by the Zope Management Interface.
I always recommend in such a case to look at the Management
Interface's source code (--> list archive, where to find
the source code).

If you mean "server local", then you need to read the file
content and use it as third parameter to
"manage_addDTMLDocument".
For security reasons, Zope does not support reading of
local files directly.
Again, the list archives will show you various ways
how to achieve this.

Dieter