[Zope] Can only managers manage users???

Lars Heber Lars.Heber@t-systems.de
Thu, 08 Mar 2001 18:42:55 +0100

A few days ago, a similar question to mine was asked:
 http://zope.nipltd.com/public/lists/zope-archive.nsf/ByKey/A5E30D4A4F40707A

My problem is:
I have a subfolder, want to create a user defined role, with which I can
manage (i. e. add, edit, delete) users. When I give a user that UDR, he
cannot get on the content screen of acl_users but is immediately
redirected to the Security tab. Even typing in the direct URL doesn't
work.
But when I give that user the manage role which has EXACTLY the same
permissions (my UDR has every possible permission for testing), then it
works.

What's going on here?

I read a few threads about that topic, but either the authors didn't get
an answer at all or the answers were confusing, because they matched
only the special case of the author.

All I want to know is if a user necessarily has to have the manager role
to manage users.

Thanks to you all!

--
Lars Heber, mailto:Lars.Heber@t-systems.de          TTTTTT