[Zope] best postgreSQL adapter?

Federico Di Gregorio fog@mixadlive.com
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 09:57:44 +0100

> On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 11:53:43AM -0700, Joshua wrote:
> > I'm curious as to which PostgreSQL zope adapter is most solid. I'm looking
> > to build what will eventually have fairly heavy traffic database usage.
> > Let's see...I found:
> >
> > psycopg/ZpsycopgDA
> > ZPyGreSQLDA
> > PoPy
> >
> > any others?  psycopg mentions that it is designed for heavy multi threaded
> > operations but popy seems more developed.
>
> In a nutshell, you hit it on the head.  Psycopg is _very_ young.
> It may surpass PoPy in the future.

true, psycopg is very young but already *very* stable. it is fully
DBAPI-2.0 compliant, just like popy, so you won't have any problem
switching back and forth between them. (btw, our website runs on
psycopg from 0.3 onward and we never had any problems.)

> For now, I would recommend that you develop using PoPy and build a secondary
> test machine using psyco.  Your applications should be 100% compatible, so,
> there should be no real cost to switching later if psycopg proves better
> in your application.

completely true ;)

> > I would appreciate any good input. Thanks

what can i say? give psyco a try...

ciao,
federico

--