[Zope] Creating static pages with Zope

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Fri, 09 Mar 2001 20:13:06 +0100

Hi Jan,

> Jan Huss wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> I read throw the documantation of Zope for some hours and I am very
> interested in using it but therefore I want to now if there is a
> chance to create static html-pages out of Zope and save them in a
> directory.
>
> Can anybody tell me if this is possible.

Sure you can. You have always the posibility to use wget or other
tools to get the content to write is into static files.

But you loose almost all advantages of zope if you want to use the
static files instead of zope.

If you are concerned with the overhead and performance, I would
recommend using proxy solutions. Which are much faster after all.
(Squid cache with most pages in memory is even faster then apache
with fileystem)

Regards
Tino