[Zope] How to conditionally show something w/o programmatic r ef

Joel Burton jburton@scw.org
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 13:13:31 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Farrell, Troy wrote:

> <dtml-try>
>   <dtml-var name="extra-stuff">
> <dtml-except Unauthorized>
>   You don't have permission to look at this.
> </dtml-try>
>
> extra-stuff may need some extra work since you have the hyphen.  If you try
> to use it in an expression, you will have to do this: <dtml-var
> expr="_['extra-stuff']">

(actually, I never really use hyphens b/c they're a pain. It was just an
example.)

Just as I figured, there is a straightforward way. And, sadly, I even knew
about try- except- and how it works. The trick with Zope is to *remember*
the million different tools in the box. :-)

Thanks.

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>