[Zope] Question about python binary with zope install

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 23:31:32 +0100 (CET)

Gary Nielson writes:
 > the
 > binary that comes with zope is 1.5 megs, while I already have another
 > binary that came with my mandrake 7.2 system, same version, 1.5.2, in
 > /usr/bin. It is only 423k. Are there certain modules or whatever added to
 > the binary that comes with Zope that I need to use?
Zope uses dynamically loaded shared objects for C extensions.

Try to use your installed Python. If it has thread support,
you have a good chance that it will work.
If it does not work, you will be told in a clear way.

Maybe, stripping the Zope distributed Python will reduce its size.
Make a copy before stripping. It may be possible that symbols
essential for dynamic linking are stripped, too.

Dieter