[Zope] XML Document

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 13:45:34 +0100

On Wed, Mar 14, 2001 at 01:11:01PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> I would like to package FreePM (http://www.freepm.org) for Debian.
> This package depends from XMLDocument which I found at
> http://www.zope.org/Members/jerome/ZCPL/Products/XMLDocument/XMLDocument-1.0a6.tgz .
>
> Unfortunately this file doesn't contain the slightes hint about the author
> of this package nor a license.  This permits distributing it in Debian.
> Could someone enlighten me about authorship so I can ask for a valid
> license?

The URL you got has been a bit mangeled by the a combination of a typo in
a URL link and Zope's acquisition powers. The original link is:

  http://www.zope.org/Products/XMLDocument/XMLDocument-1.0a6.tgz

I am not sure where ytou found this link, the author of it would have done
better at linking to it's parent:

  http://www.zope.org/Products/XMLDocument/

That page contains all the information that you'll need. XMLDocument is a
Product developed by a Digital Creations Employee, Amos Latteier, and is
licensed under the ZPL.

I cannot find any reference to XMLDocument from the FreePM website itself,
BTW. Are you sure it still needs XMLDocument? The product has been
deprecated in favour of ParsedXML, BTW.

--
Martijn Pieters