[Zope] Namespace confusion

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 21:04:53 +0100 (CET)

Joel Burton writes:
 >    <adtml-call "REQUEST.set('id', 'discuss')">
 >    <adtml-call "REQUEST.set('title', 'Discussion Area')">
 >
 >     <dtml-with "manage_addProduct['JDiscuss']">
 >        <dtml-call "JDiscuss_Folder_add( _.None, _)">
 >     </dtml-with>
 >

 > </dtml-with>
 > The problem is that it overwrites the current values of title and id, so I
 > can refer later to the book title and id.
 >
 > I've tried to do this like wrap the JDiscuss_add in <dtml-let> or
 > <dtml-with> bands to supply a namespace for the title and id, but haven't
 > been successful....
 > would work, but it doesn't. (No error, just doesn't use the new id or
 > title.)
Apparently, the "JDiscuss_Folder_add" only looks on "REQUEST"
and not on the namespace.

Do you have control over it?
Then, you may change it.

Otherwise, you may try

	   <dtml-let REQUEST="{ ... your assignments ...}">
	     <dtml-call "JDiscuss_Folder_add(_.None,_)">
	   </dtml-let>

May be difficult, as the true "REQUEST" is quite complex
and may be difficult to emulate in a dictionary sufficiently
for your "add".

Dieter