[Zope] bobo_mod_time difference in zcat vs object

Joel Burton jburton@scw.org
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 14:52:05 -0500 (EST)

First of all, apologies for the dozen questions over the past week. Zope's
learning curve gets very steep as one takes the first steps through the
API, and the many responses here have been very helpful.

I have a series of books that are JBook ZClass objects. They
(naturally) have a bobobase_modification_time of when the instance was
last modified.

I have a catalog, BookCatalog, that holds the JBooks. The default index
for bobo_mod_time is and default metadata for it are there.

If I clear the catalog, re-find JBooks and look in the catalog
values, I can see that a particular book has a bobo_mod_time of today.

But: when I iterate over the query results, I see a bobo_mod_time of
yesterday.

For example:

<dtml-in "Catalog.searchResults(meta_type=['JBook'])"
          sort=bobobase_modification_time reverse>

  <dtml-var title>

  from_obj:
  <dtml-var "getObject().bobobase_modification_time()">

  from_cat:
  <dtml-var bobobase_modification_time>

</dtml-in>

returns different values for my book from_obj (today) and from_cat
(yesterday), even though when I looked in the cat, I see today for
bobo_mod_time.

What I'd like is the bobo_mod_time of today, since that's when I actually
changed the object!

I've cleared and re-found my objects, and this doesn't fix the problem. I
am not using RAM cache or any other (intentional) caching objects.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>