[Zope] LocalFS manage_overwrite Permissions Question

Gary Perez garyp@asti-usa.com
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 17:58:12 -0500

Hi, all.

Using LocalFS 0.9.6 on Zope 2.2.2/Python 1.5.2 under Linux 2.4.1

Here's the scenario...

Set up a folder "UserAccess", set up user defined role "rmsuser".
Inside UserAccess, set up a LocalFS object "LFS" w/ proper base path.
Inside UserAccess, added "acl_users" folder, added user "RMS_User",
assigned role "rmsuser".

Folder "UserAccess" permissions set to:
	Acquire = none
	Anonymous = none
	Manager = all
	Owner = none
	rmsuser = access contents information, delete local files, manage local
files, overwrite local files, upload local files, view

LocalFS Object permissions set to:
	same as above.

There's an "index_html" DTML Method in "UserAccess" which has the upload
form, but permissions are set to aquire = all checked, and the <input
type="hidden" name="action" value="../index_html"> is included in the
FORM. (Funny aside: found out 'action' was supported in the form only
AFTER changing LocalFS.py... what a dolt! ;)

Here's the problem...

1) When logged into Zope as the user with "Manager" role, I can upload &
overwrite, no problem.

2) When logged into Zope as RMS_User with "rmsuser" role (from a totally
different machine, so no problems w/ REQUEST[AUTHENTICATED_USER]), I can
upload, but not overwrite.

3) Still "rmsuser" role: If I go back and change permissions on
"UserAccess" and "LFS" so "rmsuser" role has all checked (identical
permissions to "Manager" role), uploads OK, but still no overwrite.

4) Still "rmsuser" role: However, if I go in "UserAccess" and add local
role of "rmsuser ==> Manager", upload & overwrite works. This is bad,
though, because I don't want "rmsuser" to be able to access the Zope
management screens.

I've checked just about everywhere for that one little nugget of
LocalFS/Zope truth, but it still eludes me.

Is there something that I'm overlooking??

Thanks in advance,
-Gary

--
Gary Perez, (insert job title of choice)
Mktg. Coord. + MIS Mgr. + Sys. Admin.