Howto use has_permission (was RE: [Zope] How to test for a user having a permission?)

Tim Cook tim@freepm.org
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 09:17:23 -0600

"Mayers, Philip J" wrote:

> Maybe I'm being dumb, but this doesn't work for me:
>
> This doesn't work at all: <dtml-if
> "AUTHENTICATED_USER.has_permission('View',subfolder)">
>                           <dtml-if
> "AUTHENTICATED_USER.has_permission('Access contents
> information',subfolder)">
>
> This always returns false: <dtml-if
> "AUTHENTICATED_USER.has_permission('View','subfolder')">
>                            <dtml-if
> "AUTHENTICATED_USER.has_permission('Access contents
> information','subfolder')">
>
> How do I use this?

I'll venture a guess that you are wanting to test a level below
where you are actually attempting to use this method?

It works (for me) by calling it from with the document/folder
that I want to check the permission on.

I use a method let's call it can_edit. It could be located in the
root.  It contains the code I posted before.

Wherever I want to put the Edit  link on the page I call that
method <dtml-var can_edit>. It operates in the context of the
calling document/folder because of the PARENTS[0]. I'm not sure
you can make it work on an object that is not in the aquisition
path?

HTH,
--
Tim Cook, President - FreePM,Inc.