[Zope] dtml-sendmail and envelop sender [Q]

Bruno Mattarollo bruno@dynamic.greenpeace.org
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 17:09:19 -0100

Hello,

	I have a question I cannot see answered anywhere... Maybe it's there but
at least I cannot find it :(

	We are using Zope as the application server for our cybercentre (we call=
=20
this to our applications that allow people to send emails to heads of
governments, CEO's and so on). It's running on a Linux machine. The MTA
is postfix. The workflow is as follows: a user comes to the site and decides
to take on to a cyberaction and mail his congresman because he (or she) is=
=20
concerned about the governement actions on the Artic (to take an example),
so this cyberactivist goes to a form were he/she fills in his/her email=20
address and fills on the message, then submits the form. From our
side we have a DTML method that uses dtml-sendmail to actually send the ema=
il.
We need this email to display the FROM header as from the user that filled
in the form, so we use to have something like this:
<dtml-sendmail MailHost=3D"<our mailhost>">
From: <dtml-var SenderFromForm>
To: <dtml-var EmailOfYourCongresMan>
=2E.. and so on ...

But the issue is if by any of this bad things of life, the email of the con=
gresman
is down the bounce will go the the cyberactivist email account (SenderFromF=
orm)!
That's really bad! So looking around I noticed that bounces go to the envel=
ope-sender
so we did:
<dtml-sendmail MailHost=3D"<our mailhost>">