[Zope] Re: newbie zope question -- stuck in quick-start page

Michel Pelletier michel@digicool.com
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 14:54:46 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Sundar Narasimhan wrote:

> Oh, I have created a new user with Manager role access, and even when
> I login as that user, I can't seem to get rid of this quick-start page,
> and get to see the tabbed root folder that appears in all the zope
> docs.

Are you using IE?  Or some pre-release browser?  There are versions of IE
which have this known bug.  Try another browser.

> I notice that http://host:8080/manage_workspace gets redirected to
> http://host:8080/manage.. I guess there's no way to look into the
> dtml/or code structure of zope except thru the mgmt. interface?
> (i.e. without that it would appear that I'm just stuck -- since
> there's quite obviously a bug in the default install that just keeps
> looping back to the quick start guide no matter what I try).
>
> The log file doesn't seem to indicate anything unusual (like errors
> etc.).
>
> Is this thing just broken?
> ps. is there any documentation on where the content is generated from?
> (I couldn't find where the quick start page is coming from, for
> example).

Those are written in .dtml files in the Zope source, they are not editable
through the web.

-Michel